The service is designed to rigorously test the defenses of both internet and private networks and applications. It is suitable for commissioning, third party assurance, post-attack analysis, audit and regulatory purposes where independence and quality of service are important requirements.
A final written report provides an analysis of any security or service problems discovered together with proposed solutions, links to detailed advisories and recommendations for improving the security of the service under test.
ZZ Servers Penetration Testing service can be used to ensure compliance with PCI DSS v.1.2 requirement 11.3, (penetration testing) as it includes both internal, external, network and application layer testing.
Areas Covered by Testing
- Configuration errors
- Application loopholes in server code or scripts
- Advice on data that could have been exposed due to past errors
- Testing for known vulnerabilities
- Reducing the risk and enticement to attack
- Advice on fixes and future security plans
Typical Issues Discovered in an Application Test
- Cross-site scripting
- SQL injection
- Server misconfigurations
- Form/hidden field manipulation
- Command injection
- Cookie poisoning
- Well-known platform vulnerabilities
- Insecure use of cryptography
- Back doors and debug options
- Errors triggering sensitive information leak
- Broken ACLs/Weak passwords
- Weak session management
- Buffer overflows
- Forceful browsing
- CGI-BIN manipulation
- Risk reduction to zero day exploits
Cost & Duration
The duration of a test depends on the size and complexity of a site.